Touching base on the 2010 early-releases

I know, I know, I've talked till you were tired of hearing about it, but the 2010 wines really are that good.

Believe me.  It's the real deal. 

First out of the blocks was our Riesling, which for a hot year retained a lot of freshness and acidity.  This one ranks right up there with the 06 and the 09 for great refreshing summer wines.  (I've heard that the Finger Lakes is putting on a "Summer of Riesling".  This ain't no FLX wine, but it's as racy as PA gets.

Next up was out 2010 Chard.  I've been playing with the oak levels and fruit/complexity components in this wine and decided to try something a bit different.  This is a bigger, more modern style (without the over-blown blowziness of a Cali Chard...)  Let me know what you think....

And the last white for us was the 2010 Viognier.  What can I say about this wine.  First, give it a chance of a few months yet.  It's a big-ass wine, that's going to take a little cellar time.  Say 6-12 months.  This is full of peach and pineapple and citrus characters, with a body that just blows me away.  It's silky smooth, but having just come through bottling, the aromas and the mid-palate aren't yet conjoined.  Give it a bit o' time, and this will be a rich white that'll warm your soul on a cold winter's night.

Comments